OK - just an update.
The problem is not with the form->create + ajax->submit but rather
with the form->XXX_Control.
When producing the security token at least form->textarea is not
hashed correctly.
To get around it I found I can produce a text area using:

echo $form->input('message',array('label' => 'Enter Your Message',
'empty' => false,'type' => 'textarea'));

And the security problem was gone.
Hope this helps to someone else who encounter this in the future...