I have 2 tables, posts and categories, and 2 models, post and
category.

The posts table has a category_id field that links to the category
table. I've used $belongsTo to link them and it works fine on my
"index" view.

What I am trying to do is create a form select in my posts "add" view
that will display a dropdown list of all the categories (and
associated ID's as the select values) in the categories table.

I kind of feel like I'm halfway there with this, but just missing
something really basic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've searched high and low
through the manual and on this group for a simple example and had no
luck.

Thanks in advance.