Hi.

First, can anybody recommend a few Websites that explain CakePHP
associations and provide tutorials and examples? I have read the
manual and a couple other Websites, but I am still having problems
understanding the concepts.

Second, I need help with figuring out the association between two
models, Team and Game. They are part of a basketball league Website I
am building. I believe the appropriate association between the models
is hasAndBelongsToMany, but I could be wrong. I set the
$hasAndBelongsToMany variable in both models (see listing below) and I
also setup the teams_games database which contains the fields team_id
and game_id.

In my controller I call $this->set('gamesdata', $this->Game-
>findAll()), I don't get anything in the Team array (see results
listing below) and I get an error when I try to access the teams data
in my view. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong. Please let me
know if more information is needed.

RESULTS
=======

Array (
        [0] => Array ( [Game] => Array ( [id] => 3943je
                                                        [season_id] =>
fsdrfe8l
                                                        [gamedatetime]
=> 2007-06-05 11:05:00
                                                        [home] =>
jsnd73f
                                                        [visitor] =>
439jfdks
                                                        [homescore] =>
4
                                                        [visitorscore]
=> 800
                                                        [winner] =>
                                                        [created] =>
0000-00-00 00:00:00
                                                        [modified] =>
0000-00-00 00:00:00
                                                      )
                            [Season] => Array ( [id] =>

[season_type_id] =>
                                                          [name] =>
                                                          [startdate]
=>
                                                          [created]
=>
                                                          [modified]
=>
                                                        )
                            [Team] => Array ( )
                     )
)

GAME MODEL
===========

class Game extends AppModel {
  var $name = 'Game';
  var $belongsTo = array('Season' =>array('className'  => 'Season',

'conditions' => '',

'order'      => '',

'foreignKey' => 'season_id'));

  var $hasAndBelongsToMany = array('Team' =>array('className' =>
'Team',

'joinTable' => 'teams_games',

'foreignKey' => 'game_id',

'associationForeignKey' => 'team_id'));
}

TEAM MODEL
===========

class Team extends AppModel {
  var $name = 'Team';
  var $belongsTo = array('City' =>array('className'  => 'City',
                                                        'conditions'
=> '',
                                                        'order'
=> '',
                                                        'foreignKey'
=> 'city_id' ));

  var $hasAndBelongsToMany = array('Game' =>array('className' =>
'Game',

'joinTable' => 'teams_games',

'foreignKey' => 'team_id',

'associationForeignKey' => 'game_id'));