I have been influenced by the argument given a sites such as
http://cakebaker.42dh.com/2006/04/15/file-upload-with-cakephp/. There
is a logic to me, that having the image and the data surrounding the
image are in one place, not devided between two places which would
require attention to not allowing the two from becoming out of sync.

I am certainly open to opposing views as I am new to dealing with
large quantities of images.