Also when i uses error in a textarea it creates and attribute error...

<?php echo $form->textarea('article', array('error' => 'Article is
required')); ?>

Makes

 <textarea name="data[Article][article]"  error="Article is required">

Also isn't it flawed by design creating forms with php? shouldn't it
be better if it was just possible to write the html and assign and
error message, something like:

<textarea name="article" {$error='Article is required')></textarea>

So you keep control over the generated html.. now the php generate the
html which can get quite messy :(