On Jun 18, 2007, at 11:15 AM, BoSc wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to use a update function in my controller that flips a boolean
> field only.
>
> I call the page with http://website/mode/flip/slug
>
> When this function is called, it should check whether the database
> entry for "slug" in "model" contains a 0 or a 1, additionaly it should
> write the opposite value back. How should I accomplish this?
>
> i used
>
> $item = $this->Country->findBySlug($slug);

$this->Country->id = $item['Country']['id'];

if($item['Country']['nameofbooleanfield'])
{
        $this->Country->saveField('nameofbooleanfield', 0);
}
else
{
        $this->Country->saveField('nameofbooleanfield', 1);
}

You'd want to throw in some error checking (to make sure the Country
with the slug is found, etc.), but this is one way you could do it.

-- John