Hi all.

I am an experienced php developer but a very inexperienced Cake
developer. I have previously written my own MVC code (though i suspect
I blurred the M,V and the C a bit much ;-) )

I am struggling with working out the best way of doing things, and I
can't find any decent structure of code discussions.

Rather than waffling, I'll give a specific example.

I have a Locations model which has an id, and city and a postcode.

I created a locations/find, which was passed the data from a form.

I then started to extend the find function so that it could also take
in data from the url eg /locations/find/leeds

Is this the optimal way of doing it, since my find function now has to
deal with the data in a different way.

The other option would be to create /locations/city/leeds, but I
believe this would require another view, and that seems like
duplication of effort.

If anyone could point me at a worked example with discussion ala the
blog tutorial from the manual, but that goes into *alot* more breadth
- I'm happy reading functions specs, i just wan't to make sure I am
doing things in as close to an optimal way as I can, or else I believe
I will lose the rapid part of the Rapid application development!

Many thanks for your help..

Regards

Duncan