because things work very different that 1.0 did and I am confused. How
do I bake with 1.2
CakePHP 1.2 is not officially released yet and there is no official support for it. A new manual is in the works but not released.

So if you are new to the kitchen - stay with 1.1. And regardless, in future please invest the 60 seconds it would have taken you to find the answer to this question by reading up on any of the xx CakePHP 1.2 docs threads that have been active over the past couple days.

-- Felix
My latest blog posts:

ThinkingPHP and beyond

My Business: http://www.fg-webdesign.de