Sorry to any of you who think I'm answering this question... I'm
actually asking it.

I'd like to understand better how the controller method
"requestAction" works.

I know how to use it:
$rendered_part = $this->requestAction('/controller/action/
param',array('return'));

..But I don't know how it works... Sometimes I'm trying to determine
how to render content I've already queried in a normalized way... but
it looks like requestAction() repeats the queries and may be less
efficient than it could/should be.  A description of how it works
would be great, as well as any hints beyond what is in the manual.

Additionally, here are a few specific questions:
* can it maintain variables set elsewhere in the class (like in the
method which called the requestAction() method)?
* is there a more optimal way to render an action on the same
controller into a variable?
* are there any techniques to optimize this function?