I guess you can't do this using the model validation, but if your
validation function is in the current model, you could replace the
value $this->data['Model']['field'] and return true (in this way, this
will not be considered as an error).
If your goal is to correct the value, show it with a message, the
above is still valid (for the value) but I have no idea how to change
the message. You can have a look to the bakery (multiple validation),
Mariano has done work about validation messages into the view-side,
maybe there you could interact with it.