I had this problem a few times, when redirecting to the same URL
with a different variable
/movies/count_votes/
when it finished, i redirected to the same action, to update other rows
/movies/count_votes/500
/movies/count_votes/1000
and so on.
  The problem is, if i didn't put an exit(); after the redirect,
apache/php went bonkers, and gave a 404 due to memory problems, i
guess (i don't recall the right text on the error log, but was
something about 'too many children' , and i have none :)
  try that!
  (the exit, not the child making)

 spark

--