Hey,

I'm using Cake 1.2 with phpgacl for CakePHP 1.0.2b and I've been
having a problem adding permissions. I have fixed a lot of the 1.1 to
1.2 conversion errors, but it's obviously not liking something in
either the plugin or the vendor lib itself and is failing to update
the database, so it throws a flash error.

Has anyone successfully gotten phpgacl for CakePHP to work for Cake
1.2?

Is there another plugin that you would recommend for ACL that would
give me an actual user interface to assign permissions to groups and
users with? Every ACL tutorial I've read has only repeated the same
things, in a way that I still don't understand much of it. I know it
sounds rash, but I don't have the time to commit to trying to
understand ACL the old fashioned way and writing a lib to control it
for me.

If you think you can help me on either fronts, please let me know. I
can send you whatever files you need.