Ketan Patel

> The problem is the foreignKeys. You do not have
> the foreignKey
> constraint satisfied and that's why MySql is
> complaining. ForeignKeys
> means that for that value, you have the entry in the > foreign Table.

Hi Ketan,
thanks for your kind reply.

However, let me explain the problem more accurately: this error seem
to occur with every record I try to put in the table, even with those
record that satisfy the costraints.

The record I'm trying to insert satisfies all the costraints, as I
checked over and over; however, the error occurs, and it occurs even
when I remove from the query the fields that are foreign keys.

The query is like that

INSERT INTO Books (ID_Book, ID_Author, ID_Nation,ID_Publisher) VALUES
(32,27,101,4)

and in the foreign tables there are an author with ID 27,a nation with
ID 101, and a publisher with ID 4. All the constraints seem to be
satisfied, but the error occurs.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you in advance!