CakePHP itself is released under the MIT license, and you can do anything
with it the license allows.

The CSFL is a license similar to the QT license which basically says you can
use the code as long as you release any modifications back so others can
benefit from them. You still retain copyright to the code you create, but
you have to give the same freedom you received by using the original code
back so others can use it too.

I see no problem with this.

The 2 licenses are completely separate from each other. There are times when
an application that was written by the Cake Software Foundation, Inc. may be
released under the CSFL but this is because we feel that since we are
writing the code and giving away this code, anyone who uses it should do the
same. You are always free to contact the foundation to discuss licensing, so
you could include code that is licensed under the CSFL, and release under a
different license. This is "OUR" way of protecting the code we spend
countless hours working on, CakePHP will always remain under the MIT license
though.

Welcome to the world of Open Source...

--
/**