Hi all,

This is probably a very basic question but I'm retrieving a user from a
database using the following:

$user = $this->User->findByEmail($email);

Then setting a subset of the users details in the update my details form:

$this->data = $user;

When this form is resubmitted with the updated details I want to save them
to the database.  An important
point here is that I only want to update a subset of the users details.

If I do:

$this->User->save($this->data['User']);

then it only saves the submitted values, the previous values stored there
are erased.  Wah.

Is there an easy way to do this without resorting to copying the values over
one by one.

Many thanks,
Jon.