francky06l wrote:
> Great articles, really good timing since I am investigating the ACL in
> 1.2.
>
> I have seen in the db_acl.php a AcoAction object, but no idea to use
> it. I want to use ACL to control the access to controller/action,
> however the "actions" defined in the acos_aros table does not fit all
> the needs.
> I could create a ACO for an action that has the controller ACO has
> parent, and then use it in allow / deny order.
>
> But what would be the best way to authorize all actions for a
> controller, and deny only few for some Aro's  (minimizing the numbers
> of Aco ?) ?
>
> Thanks
>
> On Jul 13, 4:16 pm, Ketan Patel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The case you are talking would suit some conditions which are not
record specific. Like say in general index action of posts controller.
You would create an Aco for Index action and check if the access is
allowed or not. Take a look at Auth Component and take some concepts
from there, like $actionMap and see if you could use Auth component or
create one on your own.

Map the actions to the CRUD actions and then depending on that you
give the access. My article deals with record level access control
which in turn can be applied to controller actions. Because each
controller some way does interact with the records.