Hey All,

I thought I would post this here since it caused me so much grief.

I am using a java jar file to allow uploading of multiple files using
drag and drop (http://www.radinks.com/upload/). This is an awsome file
uploader and I highly recommend it.

Anyway, my application ran fine (I am using session variables) until I
load the page with the applet. Once I load the page the session
completely dies. If I move to other pages in my app the session has
been started again. (CAKEPHP cookie is different and no session
varaibles exist).

I found this post which put me in the right direction:

http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php/browse_thread/thread/62248f553b32eab8

Basically, the applet is trying to access its own "web space" which
falls outside of the current session with PHP. Cake thinks that a
"Session Hijack" is in place and kills the session.

As the post above stated, I had to remove the hijack check in the /
cake/libs/session.php file. You find the function isValid() or valid()
in that file and have it return true all the time.

This solved the problem.

Anyone else experience this? Is there a way to *not* modify a cake
file to do this?

Thanks!

Phil