The showParents creates optgroup tags not additional select tags.

I'm not sure if cake supports herachical selects out of the box.
Seems like a good candidate for a component/helper though, either with
ajax callbacks or preload all options (or both with a config option).

Geoff
--
http://lemoncake.wordpress.com