Well, before choosing Cake as my favourite framework, i've have a look
at symfony, codeigniter and of course, cakephp.

symfony seems to be great, but it's far more complex than cake. even
its directory structure scared me.

codeigniter's documentation is better than cakephp, and (it is said
that) codeigniter is easier to use than cake. BUT, cake's automagic
attracts me ^^

now i just can't imagine how i could start a simple project without
using cake.