I have found a way here in the google group (don't memorize the exact
source though):

<?php echo $form->input('player.vorname', array('div' => false,
'label' => false));?>

The options in the secon parameter prevent the input function to
automatically wrap a div tag and the column name as label around the
input tag itsself.
So you can for example use:

<?php __('any_label_you_like', true);?>
<?php echo $form->input('player.vorname', array('div' => false,
'label' => false));?>

Another issue:
Do you know how to change the error message on a failed validation in
a view?
If I have for example VALID_NOT_EMPTY defined for my title column in
the Post model, and I leave the input field for title empty in the add
view a standard message is echoed.
How can I alter the error message in cake 1.2? With cake 1.1 you could
use the HtmlHelper and its "tagErrorMsg" function for that, but how to
do this in cake 1.2?
I have tried "error" function from FormHelper but it did not work.