I have an, representation_type_select.thtml, which consists of a
selectTag.

<?=
$html->selectTag(
                            $model_name . '/type_' . $id,
                            array(
                                      'option_1' => 'option_1',
                                          .
                                          .
                                          .
                                      'option_n' => 'option_nr'
                       ),
                  '',
                  array('id' => 'type_' . $id, 'size' => '6',
'multiple' => 'multiple', 'class' => 'classname'),
                  null,
                  false,
                  false
                );
?>

This select tag is used multiple times in a form and its name needs to
be different for each use, therefore the "$id" variable. The
$model_name is set in the controller and appears correctly in the
rendered html. However, I have not been able successfully pass the
value of $id to the $this-
>renderElement('representation_type_select'). The value of $id does
not appear as a postfix to either 'type_' in the html. I tried <?php
$id = '1'; echo $this->renderElement('representation_type_select'); ?>

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Peter -