Model objects, from my understanding, are instantiated once, and not meant to be explicitly instanced by your code, so you could call them singletons. I'm not sure what you're asking about recycling the object between contexts... that sounds like a very Java-oriented question. ;)

bingomanatee wrote:
In Cake, are model objects supposed to be used like singletons --
stored in the classRegistry and reused between contexts? Is there any
hazards implicit in recycling a single model object between contexts?