Yep, I got everything sorted out, but not components are not correctly
loaded into the task I have. Everything is working, writing to the
model etc., except for when I try to use the email component, I get an
undefined stdClass::send() error.

I looked at the shell.php and see that there is no option for var
$components = array(), so I went ahead and added one, as well as this
function that loads the components into the controller into the
shell.php file

function _initComponents() {
                $component = new Component();
                $component->init($this);
        }

This does not work either and seems very messy, does anyone have any
idea on how to go about doing something like this in a cleaner
fashion ?

Thanks.