If you use this:

<?php echo $form->input('Clients.birthday', array('type' => 'date')); ?

You get select boxes formated in MDY way. I have to change the format
in DMY so I have changed form helper a leathel bit.

In helpers dir in file form.php find   case 'date':   and change all
in case 'date' with next:
$out = $before . $out . $between . $this->dateTime($fieldName, !
empty($options['dateFormat']) ? $options['dateFormat'] : 'MDY', null,
$selected, $options, $empty);

Save it. Now you can use it like this:
<?php echo $form->input('Clients.birthday', array('type' => 'date',
'dateFormat' => 'DMY')); ?>

You can use DMY, YMD, .... If you leave it empty then defualt is MDY

I hope maybe someone will helps this :)

Sorry for my eanglish :P

Regards