Now was that really necessary?

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not trying to be lazy as you seem to be
implying. But isn't the Bakery supposed to be a code repository? All I meant
was that a contact form seems like something that someone would have already
done. Isn't that the point of Cake? To stop reinventing the wheel? Again,
I'm sorry, I'm new here.

I'll elaborate.

I'm trying to build a Contact Form: Simple page where a user enters Name,
Subject, Body and it emails it to an address of my choosing.

I'm having a number of problems doing this:

   - I need a Model without a Table to handle the data passing. I can't
   figure out how I would populate the $this->data without having a table.
   - When I get databack, how do I actually send the email using the
   phpMailer component? I got lost when they created this views in
   app/views/your_controller/email/.
   default_html.thtml and default_text.thtml
   What's supposed to be in them?

   Also I don't understand what goes in this:
   app/views/layouts/email.thtml

Note that I'm using the Stable release with the PHPMailer component from the
link below.

Should I just scrap 1.1? Is 1.2 suitable for a production site?

Any help would be appreciated.
--
Baz L
Day In The Life of Baz