If I understood you right, you are overwritting the value of 'gallery'
with the second call to $this->set(), when you wanted to merge both
values. Try preparing your data first, then setting 'gallery' for the
view.

$galery = $this->Gallery->findAll();
$gallery['numRows'] = $this->Gallery->getNumRows();
$this->set('gallery', $gallery);