Okay, I'm sure I'm really showing my noobie stripes with this one...

As a learning exercise I'm creating a front end for ACL.

Instead of using generateList to populate a selectTag I thought I'd
try a custom query by adding a method to my model and call it from the
controller.  Here is the method:

    function getIdAliasArray()
    {
       $arr = $this->findAll(null,array('id','alias'),'alias ASC');
       return($arr);
    }

Well, this causes an error because it tries to run "getidaliasarray"
as if it were an SQL query instead of a method name.  Here is the
error:
Query: getidaliasarray
Warning: SQL Error: 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check
the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right
syntax to use near 'getidaliasarray' at line...

I even set DEBUG to 2 and it pumped out "getidaliasarray" along with
all of the other queries.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks!
Shawn