rtconner,

Thank you for the reply. Now I'm not sure you understand me correctly,
or I am not sure I understand myself :P. I am aware of this method,
filtering a HABTM relationship creating a "dummy" model in the join
table. I already have something like this and it works perfectly.

What I don't understand what you are saying is, what I tables should
be made? Are you saying that all is necessary is the join table
FansUsers and then in there do something like User.id, and Fan.id, and
The FansUsers each FansUser belongs to one user? I don't understand
how that would work because If I have user A, and he has fans B and C,
then I want fans B and C to belongs to their corresponding
information, so when I pull up the fans for user A, I get user B and
user C's information.
So if I understand you correctly, I will only need one extra table,
and will just need to fabricate a join table everytime I wish to find
the fans of a user?

Thank you,
Jim