Hi,

It looks like I have solved the problem. SMF stores the session ID as
default in the PHPSESSID cookie. Since CakePHP is checking it's own
cookie for the session ID and cannot find it, it creates another
cookie. So I solved the problem (I think) by changing CakePHP to
simply use the PHPSESSID cookie for it's session. This way, regardless
of which creates the session first (Cake or SMF), they use the same
session.

Is there a compelling reason that Cake was built to store it in a
different cookie apart from flexibility (for example--security)?
Thanks again.

- Sohum.