Hi,

I'm making an Ajax call from the index page of my application to a
simple controller called attachments, to a function named add(). I
have a session variable called User which I can print on the index
page, but which is empty in the attachments controller.

If I do a pr($_SESSION) in attachments/add() all I get is the
attributes 'useragent', 'time' and 'random', where I should be getting
a whole host of other stuff I've stored in the session.

Any idea why? It is a JavaScript + Flash widget called SWFUpload
making the Ajax call, so my only thought is that it does something
funny to the request that prevents Cake from initialising the session
properly, but that sounds pretty far fetched. The session is
definitely initialised, as a session_start() will generate an error in
the log. I've looked in the $_SERVER variable and the logs but didn't
find anything funny. Not sure where else to look.

Any help very much appreciated!

Simon