I'm really not sure what could be causing the issue.  However, when
you run your site in production mode (DEBUG 0) then this file will not
be written to - only read from.  So as long as it's not corrupted when
you first switch to DEBUG 0 it'll remain ok regardless of load.

On Windows I get random warnings about the class.paths.php not being
writable.  I'm not sure why this happens occasionally (perhaps two
threads trying to write at once?), but it only happens on our Windows
dev machines, and only in DEBUG > 0.