I've been scratching my head over this straightforward problem.

I have a relatively static but site-configurable "front menu" array
structure that
appears on all pages in my app instantiated via default.ctp (using the
useful
http://bakery.cakephp.org/articles/view/css-menu-helper )

I had assumed defining $frontmenu = array(....) within bootstrap.php would
expose
this var to default.ctp - various DEFINE's in this file are used in default
already,
but define won't look after an array obviously. I suppose it must be a
variance in how
defines are treated versus variables in php somethin i'm not familiar with.

I want to set this var in a neutral location outside any of the MVC code as
it
may get tweaked slightly on a deployment site, ie a config file.

What is best practice in placing such a var so I can access from the layout
file?
Doing an include which did occur to me seems a bit un-elegant from a view.

--
Howard Glynn  -  Edinburgh, UK