I put some scaffolding together for a small project. I used bake:

-project projectname
-app projectname

 and created MVCs and so on. Now when viewing the site I keep seeing
webroot show up in the url (i.e. example.com/webroot/articles/view/1
instead of example.com/articles/view/1

Any idea of why this is happening. When I go to the second url it
works fine but I find after clicking on some links webroot shows up.

They way I have cake setup is like this
\home\username\cake_install\ - cake 1.2.x.x
\home\username\projectname\  - document root (i.e. example.com folder)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, cake is the best thing I've seen for php in a very long time.
Makes development fun againt :)