Hi there

Is there a way to ask Cake to validate only a single field (opposed to
validating all fields that are mentioned in the $validate array) ?

I use a model without a table to make use of the validation features
of cake when sending an email. Now I would like to validate an array
of email addresses but the validation rule works only on single email
addresses. Therefore I thought about writing a custom validation rule
that iterates through the array and validates each email address on
its own but I don't know how to call the Cake validation for emails
manually.
Also sometimes I want to validate only a few fields whereas another
time I would like to validate all fields. This could be easily
achieved if it is possible to tell Cake which fields to validate.

I am using Cake 1.2

Thanks

Claudia