@majna

thanks for the links. I just tried $persistModel and, at first page
render I was extremely happy to see all the models cached but then
when I refreshed I got this :

Warning (2): Invalid argument supplied for foreach() [CORE\cake\libs
\object.php, line 239]
Object::__openPersistent() - CORE\cake\libs\object.php, line 239
Object::_persist() - CORE\cake\libs\object.php, line 203
Controller::constructClasses() - CORE\cake\libs\controller
\controller.php, line 409
Dispatcher::dispatch() - CORE\cake\dispatcher.php, line 295
[main] - APP\webroot\index.php, line 81

and I could probably live with it .. but that was not enough.. I also
saw :

Fatal error: Model::findAll() [<a href='http://php.net/function.Model-
findAll'>function.Model-findAll</a>]: The script tried to execute a
method or access a property of an incomplete object. Please ensure
that the class definition &quot;SlugBehavior&quot; of the object you
are trying to operate on was loaded _before_ unserialize() gets called
or provide a __autoload() function to load the class definition in G:
\wamp\libs\cake\cake\libs\model\model.php on line 1432

that was it for $persistModel.. it happens to all "behaviors".. I
still didn't get deeper into this one, any thoughts ?

> Your app can work without mod_rewrite. Using mod_rewrite, apache
> seek .htaccess file in each directory in path ( from root ).

I'm using lighttpd which is having all the rewrites in .conf file,
more like httpd.conf then .htaccess... and I like friendly urls too
much to not use rewrites ;)

Best,
Andrzej