On 9/4/07, R. Rajesh Jeba Anbiah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>    The problem is that you're trying to stamp every other as an idiot.
> Unless you have changed your attitude, you can't read my humble
> comments like this. (no offense of course; read it as straight
> comment)

Actually, I did no such thing.  I said what I believed (and Nate told
me via IM that I was actually wrong in that regard, thank you Nate for
correcting  me), but I believe it is entirely fair to say that when
someone says something like "X slows down my code" then I would expect
to see some proof of that in the form of benchmarks.  If that's making
you look like an idiot, then I suspect you are reading something into
the comment that is not there.

It's not about making people look like an idiot, because I believe
that people usually don't need any help in that department (me
included).  It's about making sure you are saying something that is
true rather than just opinion, and stepping up and admitting when you
were wrong.  Which I believe I just did.

--
Chris Hartjes
Senior Developer

My motto for 2007:  "Just build it, damnit!"

@TheBallpark - http://www.littlehart.net/attheballpark
@TheKeyboard - http://www.littlehart.net/atthekeyboard