Sorry if I'm being dense, but why not just double-quote all object
names, whether they're reserved words or not?  If it only happens in
generated sql statements...

The version I'm using may be out of date, but it uses a union of
user_tables and user_views to find sources, which isn't sufficient in
our environment.   I think using all_tables and all_views with some
restrictions is reasonable, but one could alternatively add
user_synonyms to the union, so you can at least find tables in other
schemas by aliasing them.

Support for fully-qualified table names all the way through to
$useTable = 'schema.name' would be ideal, but I don't know how much of
the rest of Cake would have to change for that to work.

Anyway, heavily using this right now, so if there's a to-do/wish list
somewhere ...