I am having an issue with ACL. I have tried doing an $aro->setParent
on an ARO object and I've also tried using the acl.php script that
comes with CakePHP and both of them fail when setting the parent on a
certain ARO. I've narrowed down where the code returns FALSE in the
setParent function, but I don't know exactly why this is. The code is
in the setParent function of cake/libs/controller/components/dbacl/
models/aclnode.php and is this check:

($parentId != null && $newParent['lft'] <= $object['lft'] &&
$newParent['rght'] >= $object['rght']) on line 178 of the current
stable release.

My layout is:
                                   1[ROOT]10
                           2[MEMBERS]9
             3[ADMINISTRATORS]8
4[PERSON1]5 6[PERSON2]7

I'm trying to set Person1 to have the parent of Members instead of
Administrators and it fails during the check above. Why is this?