porksmash wrote:

> Does the PK for a table absolutely, positively have to be an integer?
> I think I saw this somewhere but can't find it again. Also having some
> weird issues trying to use another data type for my PK.

With the latest version of CakePHP 1.2.0 from SVN you can use UUIDs as
Primary Key. CakePHP will detect a CHAR or VARCHAR column which is 36
chars wide (and set as Primary Key in MySQL) and uses it automatically
as PK for it's Models. Take a look at cake/libs/model/model.php::save()
-- there are the details.

(I did not tried anything of the above, my information about this is
just from browsing the source)

Marcus