> If I use $this->set('post',$this->Post->read()); in the controller
>
> Why do I have to access it like this in the view:
>
> echo $post['Post']['id'];
>
> Shouldn't the proper way be echo $post['id'];
>
> Is this a bug? Has the spec changed in 1.2? I went through the code
> for the read() function in /cake/libs/model.php and all it does is
> return $this->data. Has $this->data has changed from 1.1?

That's not a bug.  Data is always returned in this format:

Array
(
    [ModelName] => Array
        (
            [fieldname1] => 'value'
            [fieldname2] => 'value'
        )
)

Hope that helps.

--
Chris Hartjes
Senior Developer

My motto for 2007:  "Just build it, damnit!"

@TheBallpark - http://www.littlehart.net/attheballpark
@TheKeyboard - http://www.littlehart.net/atthekeyboard