Hi,

I don't think there is a built-in migration system in cakePHP yet. the
one that is available is written by a cakePHP user.
means it's not official.

I heard that john is playing around with migrations in his sandbox, I
don't know the progress though.
But back to your framework. For it to be adopted, I think it should
follow cakePHP' direction:
- cakePHP is php4 and php5 compatible.
- cakePHP has a console and tasks. So your system needs to be
integrated into a task and run from the cakephp console.
- cakePHP dislikes any third party libs like PEAR, at least in the
core. the only exception I've seen is simpleTest and even though, it's
not required to run the framework.
- cakePHP has some conventions ( dates, assoc_id, dependent/
independent assocs, etc ). your system should be aware of that to make
life a bit easier.

I personally dislike YAML and would prefer PHP to write migrations.

Good luck.