Sorry, I left out something from that statement: "...until 1.2 goes stable".
Yeah, I found it too, but no Auth stuff.

Two-Headed Application Authentication in CakePHP 1.2 :
http://www.littlehart.net/atthekeyboard/2007/07/28/two-headed-application-authentication-in-cakephp-12/

But, I'm too stupid/lazy to figure it out. I mean, what does the view look
like?  Up until 30 minutes ago, I didn't know you could use it without the
ACL stuff in the background. Stuff like that. I'm not real good at
understanding things in units. I work better with a full example where I can
see all the parts working together.

I'm gonna take one final wack at it. This time I'll go straight to the API
and see what I can figure out. But I must warn you, my PHP skills and
Framework skills (come to think of it, coding in general lol) are a bit
rusty.

--
Baz L
Web Development 2.0: Web Design, CakePHP, Javascript