On 9/10/07, Ismael S. Kafeltz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I abandoned cake few days ago and now I'm using Ruby on Rails because
> I think cake takes too much time to evolve and I could wait more one
> year to finally use it seriously.
> In my opinion you should study RoR before rework/expansion because you
> will have immediately results.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ahem.

Well, I guess people would prefer a much faster release cycle with
lots of bugs.  Look, I was into Rails at one time as well so I
remember the days when Rails was unstable and had lots of bugs and
there were near-daily releases to fix things that should've been
caught.

In my opinion, there is nothing more that CakePHP can learn from
Rails.  If you really think the core development team is not aware of
what features Rails has, then you are sadly misinformed.

Show me how to build Digg with Ruby on Rails and I will believe that
RoR is better than a PHP-backed solution.  There, I said it.

--
Chris Hartjes
Senior Developer

My motto for 2007:  "Just build it, damnit!"

@TheBallpark - http://www.littlehart.net/attheballpark
@TheKeyboard - http://www.littlehart.net/atthekeyboard