Pardon me but I was friendly and polite.

This isn't a 'friendly community'. This is a mailing list for cakephp
support and discussion. If the issue isn't cakephp related all posting it
here will do is clutter up legitimate discussion. All I asked was that he
take the time to think about whether or not this is an appropriate forum for
the discussion of animated gifs and browser bugs - which it isn't.