The fields are not in the edit.ctp but using form injection a
knowledgeable user could add them. Here are the fields in edit.ctp:

<?php echo $form->create('User');?>
        <fieldset>
                <legend><?php __('Edit');?> <?php __('User');?></legend>
        <?php
                echo $form->input('id');
                echo $form->input('person_name_id');
                echo $form->input('username');
                echo $form->input('email');
        ?>
        </fieldset>
<?php echo $form->end('Submit');?>

Running a simple test with the Web Developer plugin for Firefox, I was
able to edit and post the form to update nologin. This was done by
adding into the form the line:
<input name="data[User][nologin]" value="1" id="UserNologin" type="checkbox">
and then checking the box and submitting the form.

Gary Dalton