Good evening, everyone:

I'm a very recent lurker of the group, and was hoping someone could
point me in the direction of resources for a project I have been asked
to undertake...

As for my background: I'm fairly proficient in HTML, but scripting and
databases are entirely new to me, so the crash course begins.

One of my clients has asked me to assist in building a support site
where her clients can post information by completing online forms.  The
support site is for a group faced with certain medical conditions
relating to military service overseas.  Due to the medical information,
she would prefer to avoid disclosing e-mail addresses from her visitors,
and would rather build a form for visitors to complete, then the
information be sent to the original poster via e-mail.  The visitor
would have the option of disclosing their e-mail address, etc.

On top of this, she needs the ability to run queries on the database in
order to generate e-mails based on the options checked or the posting dates.

Can anyone please point me in the direction of great (relatively
easy-to-understand) references that will assist me in completing this task?

She's asked if this can be built in a period of two-months, so I need to
get started on this immediately.