On 9/21/07, cakeFreak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I read throught the *Automated PHP Deployment With Capistrano*
> tutorial
> =>
> http://www.simplisticcomplexity.com/2006/8/16/automated-php-deployment-with-capistrano
>
> but it seems outdated.

In what way do you think it's outdated?  I'm using Capistrano to
deploy my CakePHP app and have actually found that the newer version
of Capistrano makes it even easier to do it, reducing the need for the
previously hackish method of needing a Rails app in place to do
deployment.

I created a deploy.rb file that exports my code out of SVN, and it
would be dead simple to add features to it to move the old one out of
the way or to unroll any changes I had made.

--
Chris Hartjes
Senior Developer

My motto for 2007:  "Just build it, damnit!"

@TheKeyboard - http://www.littlehart.net/atthekeyboard