On 29 Wrz, 12:23, AD7six <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ... which is by design, otherwise how could you (easily) delete an
> association. There are a few posts/threads/bakery articles/etc. around
> with "working with habtm" in the title, after a quick google I am sure
> you will find the info you are seeking ;).

I've searched, but without success :(

But I worked out this code:

                $this->data = $this->User->read(null,
$this->obAuth->getUserId());

                $friends = array();
                $i = 0;
                foreach ($this->data['Friend'] as $friend) {
                        $friends[$i++] = $friend['id'];
                }
                $friends[$i] = $id;

                $this->data['Friend']['Friend'] = $friends;

                if ($this->User->save($this->data)) {
                        $this->Session->setFlash('Added to Friends.');
                }

So that looks to work ok. To make both side relation just need to run
this code for every friend from $friends array.
Tricky, but works for me right now.