AD7six wrote:
> comment out in your layout where you are using the js helper and read
> the error message which cake is desperately trying to get you to read.
> also you could/should add the js helper to your app controller helpers
> array, since obviously you are using it everywhere.

That was it thanks; I hadn't used one of the many undocumented features
correctly in the model I was $using and it was trying to tell me.

Why would the javascript helper cause an error and not the html helper
which is also used on the page and appears above the javascript helper
in the default layout (and also appears in $helpers)

thanks,
Brent