burzum wrote:

>My problem is that i have a multipage-report, or better to say one big
>report (table) with ~500 fields devided into some pages with a list of
>pages to make it less confusing. Some of the pages contain 1 to 12
>images. Now my question or problem:
>
>How do i handle them in a good way?
>
>Should i use an extra table to store them? How do i handle all the
>photos in the same form? They have to appear on certain positions in
>the report. So i must be able to identify them to set them in the
>right position. Where do i put the handling in? Model? Any suggestions
>for helpers, components, behaviors?

Usually I store images in the file system. I is generally faster and
allows you to link directly to the image. To that end, does the trick
very well:
http://cakeforge.org/snippet/detail.php?type=snippet&id=36

>It's required that the files are converted to jpg if they are no jpg,
>saved in their original size for documentation purpose and that
>thumbnails are created for the pages. I have to create another resized
>version of the image for direct printing out of the browser (a view
>for the photo filling a DINA4 page) and i have to include them in a
>pdf of the report.

Assuming you have PHP with GD extensions, that shouldn't be a problem,
you could add some methods to que component above, or derive your own
component from it. To covert all images to jpg you'd hava a switch
statement on the mime type and use the appropriate gd imagefromXXXX